As emergency restrictions ease, here are the latest Jersey City Covid-19 updates.
If you feel sick and/or believe you may be infected call your healthcare provider and/or the Jersey City Covid-19 hotline at 201-547-5208 before traveling to a hospital.
Outdoor gatherings have been increased to permit up to 25 people as follows:
- The gathering must take place entirely outdoors except for restroom use;
- Limit capacity to no more than 25 people at all times;
- Require attendees to be six feet apart at all times, excluding immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners;
- Prohibit contact between attendees, and no organized or contact sports;
- If the event is an organized gathering, the organizer should demarcate six feet of spacing in the area of the gathering to demonstrate appropriate spacing for social distancing;
- Limit provided seating to single individuals, spaced six feet apart, and sanitized after each use;
- Prohibit sharing of any physical items provided and require sanitization before and after each use; and
- Require contactless pay options wherever feasible.
Reopening of Businesses and the Economy
New Jersey’s strategic reopening plan is outlined here.
Jersey City Covid-19 Testing
Jersey City is providing free Covid-19 testing to any resident who requests it regardless of symptoms. Testing is by appointment only. Proof of residency is required. Test site will be assigned when appointment is scheduled. To schedule, call (201) 547-5535, Mondays through Fridays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No appointment is required at the walk up test site at 465 Marin Blvd. Jersey City residents can walk up for Covid-19 testing on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and antibody testing on Mondays and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Bring proof of Jersey City address.
Starting today, May 29, a second walk up Covid-19 testing site is available for all Jersey City residents with no appointment needed at the Mary McLeod Bethune Life Center, 140 Martin Luther King Drive. Hours are 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Please bring proof of Jersey City address.
Jersey City Business Support
Jersey City businesses seeking reopening support including Covid-19 testing and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) can sign up using this form.
Restaurants seeking additional outdoor seating on sidewalks and parking lanes can sign up using this form.
All parking regulations have been restored and in effect.
33 school parking lots have been opened throughout each corridor of the city for residents to park their vehicles during the State of Emergency.
Please see our prior Jersey City Covid-19 updates.
Header: Photo by Martin Sanchez on Unsplash