Retail Stores and Face-Covering Requirements
Governor Murphy’s executive order provide new rules for retail stores effective, today, Monday, April 13 at 8 p.m. which mandate that retail stores must:
- Limit the number of customers to no more than 50% of their approved capacity.
- Require workers to wear cloth face coverings while on the premises
- Demarcate six feet of spacing in check-out lines.
- Provide special shopping hours for high-risk individuals, erect physical barriers between customers and cashiers and baggers where practicable, regularly sanitize areas used by their employees, & more.
Customers of those stores must also wear cloth face coverings while on the premises, including at restaurants and bars for take-out orders (with exemptions for children under 2 and for people where a face covering inhibits their health).
A face covering does not mean a medical-grade mask and can include a bandana or a homemade fabric covering.
The order does not mandate wearing face-coverings outdoors.
Jersey City Parking update
Suspended until further notice:
- Alternative Side Parking
- Zone permits
- Driveway painting.
- Safety violations
- Blocked hydrants/Corners/Driveways & Handicapped parking(with ticket and tow)
- 8am-4pm Mon & Weds, by appointment only or online: JCNJ.ORG/PARKING
- No ticket or tow for sign violations