If you haven’t been vaccinated, now’s the time. Governor Murphy announced today that any New Jerseyan who gets their first vaccine this month, will be entitled to a free beer at participating breweries. For Jersey City residents, that means the Gaslight Brewery and Restaurant in South Orange or the Hackensack Brewing in, you guessed it, Hackensack. No, there’s nothing closer.
But there was other good news.
Effective May 7th:
- Outdoor gathering limit increases to 500
- Indoor capacities increase to 50% with a maximum of 250 individuals for private catered events, political gatherings, weddings, funerals, memorial services and performance
- Dance floors reopen at private catered events
- Outdoor capacity for large venues (1,000 or more) increases to 50%
- Bar-side seating will be permitted with social distancing
- Buffets and other self-service foods at restaurants will be permitted
Effective May 19th
- Limits on outdoor gatherings will be lifted
- 50% restaurant capacity limit lifted but six foot distance between groups remains
- 50% indoor and outdoor limits for businesses governed by a percentage-based cap will be lifted. Six foot distance still required between groups.
- Indoor social gathering limit increases to 50
- Indoor catered events, funerals or memorial services, performances, political activities, and commercial gatherings will be limited to 250 so long as social distances can be maintained
- Indoor capacity for large venues (1,000 or more) can operate at 30% with six feet of distance between groups